Frequently Asked Questions
- Pass the MVA written law test and vision test to obtain a Learners Permit.
- Complete a Driver Education course from Ready 2 Drive. (Driver Education is not required to obtain a Learners Permit).
- Keep the Learners Permit for at least 9 months and log at least 60 hours of behind-the-wheel practice time with a mentor. (Age 25 or over only-keep the permit 45 days)
- Pass the MVA on-road driving exam (appointment required) to obtain a Provisional License We can take you to the MVA for this driving test.
- Hold the Provisional License for 18 months violation free, then convert to a full license.
Not all classes require an advance payment to register. To view class dates or to register, select the "Enroll now" button. The online registration states if an advance payment is required.
You must be at least 15 years/ 9 months of age to obtain a Learners Permit. Yes, the permit is required for the driving part of Driver Ed (not the classroom portion).
Yes, all new drivers in Maryland (unless they have an international license), must complete Driver Education. You must be at least 15 to begin the classroom part of Driver Ed.
Our MVA approved program includes 30 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours of behind-the-wheel training with a certified instructor.
The 6 hours of behind-the-wheel training are usually broken down into 3 appointments of 2 hours. Often the scheduling is done when the instructors see the student in the classroom. We try to accommodate student's and efficiently complete all students. Driving times may be scheduled during the 2 week class period if there are times available.
Our staff does not pick up students for the classroom nor the behind the wheel portion of the Driver Education course.
The MVA requires 100% attendance. If you miss a class, you must make it up and you may have to pay $15.00. If you miss more than 4 classroom sessions, you will be required to repeat the course. You cannot miss the first day for any reason. To repeat the course, there is a $75 fee in addition plus any balance due. If you miss a driving appointment, the charge $40. No driving is scheduled until all balances are paid.
$50 and is obtained at the MVA.
No certificates are issued. Beginning in '09, student completions have been electronically submitted to the MVA and the MVA will have a record of your completion. Any student completing before '09, there is no record of your completion and you will have to complete the class. By law, all records are only retained for 3 years.
Yes. The cost is $90 per lesson. Each lesson is 1 1/2 hrs. and we can practice whatever you need. Payment must be made in advance. We accept credit card and debit card payments online or by phone. The cost to take you for your driver's license is $175 which includes some practice. To use our car for the test with no practice and we meet at the MVA, the cost is $100.